From: "Michael Murdoch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sniffer@SortMonster.com>
Cc: "Pete McNeil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 2:13 PM
Subject: RE: [sniffer] Last chance to renew at the old price!

Hi Folks,

Actually, here is some more detail as to the reasons for the price
increase.  In addition, please bear in mind that that prices haven't
been raised in approximately 2 years and even with this increase we are
priced very competitively.

The new feature/benefits and more to come are as follows:

* In the past 6 months we have more than doubled the number of updates
per day and we will continue to increase our bandwidth and the speed of
our updates.

* We have more than tripled our staff to improve our monitoring,
support, and rule generation capabilities.  Come January, we are again
doubling this staff as the black-hats have gotten much more
sophisticated and this has become a 24x7 battle.  Even Pete needs to
sleep sometimes. :-)

* We are adding new R&D programs for AFF/419 spam and Malware mitigation
(many of the results from these projects have already been implemented).

* During this next year as part of our continuous improvement policy we
will continue to roll out new features and enhancements such as fully
automated reporting, in-band real-time updates, an optimized message
processing pipeline, image and file attachment tagging, advanced header
structure analysis, enhanced adaptive heuristics, improved machine
learning systems, real-time wave-front threat detection, and many
more...

It's important to recognize that many of our improvements don't require
new software to be installed on the client side since they are delivered
through rulebase enhancements. Though this often causes our work to go
unnoticed, it is actually a design feature since it means that your
installation requires very little maintenance. This translates to
lowered administration costs and higher reliability.

As a result of this "reliability-first" design strategy, it may not
always be obvious that our service is constantly being improved and
enhanced - we never stand still ;-)

We'd hate to see any of you go, but please do compare us with other
services.
I'm sure that you'll find we're well worth the money, but it's always
good to keep your options open. In fact, best practice these days for
spam filtering is to use a blended approach that leverages many
services. We personally encourage that for best results.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you for your
feedback and business!

Sincerely

Michael Murdoch
The Sniffer Team