Er how about the possibility that the line just fatigues and breaks.   Hooks
a rock, or sharp stick, or runs on a stick melting it, sand in the dirt
collecting on the line.

Are we fixing a problem that has been mostly  solved by the improved line?

I am still trying to think about a contest where line breaks caused a
shorted round contest this past year.

Anyone interested in attending a contest where the winches have been de
-tuned, only to find no wind or mostly down wind launches, ending in 200 or
300'
average launches?

Doesn't scare me but it could make for some pretty awful  total time in the
air for the time/cash investment of a lot of modelers.

Gordy