You've probably thought of this first and there might be reasons that speak
against it, but: Couldn't you just render two-sided?

I need to get some NURBS objects from Maya to Softimage. Client gave me an
igs file which I can get imported into Softimage and Maya. The problem is,
that in Softimage half of the normals are flipped but it looks great in
Maya. The object has hundreds of small parts so it's not effective to go
find every last inverted shape manually. Is there a good way to get the
NURBS into Softimage or keep the normals from getting screwed up on import?

Thanks,
Byron

Stefan Kubicek                   Co-founder
          keyvis digital imagery
         Wehrgasse 9 - GrĂ¼ner Hof
           1050 Vienna  Austria
        Phone:    +43/699/12614231
--- www.keyvis.at  ste...@keyvis.at ---
--  This email and its attachments are
--confidential and for the recipient only--