Hi guys,

I might have to work with CityEngine http://www.esri.com/software/cityengine/ in a near future.
The Basic version of CityEngine only exports in .obj.

In Softimage the opening of a sample Obj of 8 buildings (43 polymesh, 43 materials, total of 1300 faces) takes around 15s.
The scene is very unstable. Hit Ctrl N, and Softimage crashes immediatly....

The final city should be made of several thousands of buildings, which I think might be un-openable in Softimage.

If I convert in DeepExploration in .dae Collada, dotxsi, or fbx , when I import back in Softimages, UVs are either screwed, or disapeared. (tested in 2013, and xsi 7)

When I import back those .dae, or Dotxsi in deepExploration, the Uvs are there. Everything is fine.

What's happening ? What am-I supposed to do ?

I need a good advice...

Thank you,

Olivier