I'd like to chime in to this discussion.

What are the things in VRay/XSI you hate most? A missing feature, clumsy configuration, poor documentation, any kinds of instabilities, etc?

Disclosure: I run the XSI integration team at ChaosGroup so, obviously, I am not impartial to this discussion. But I am keen on making the product work well for all you VFX folks out there :) and I can take criticism. Shoot at will :)