I agree Sandy. I'd love to know who those 'suits' were and I don't agree with
them, but then different industries operate in different ways.

Email me privately if you wish.

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Sandy Sutherland
Sent: 31 August 2012 13:14
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: Friday Flashback

I am going to be very honest with you Graham - this is probably going to be a
turning point for some decision making to do with Softimage Software - I had
Autodesk suits here one day crowing about how they had stopped their clients
having access to the developers of the software - they insanely seemed to think
it was a good idea and a good thing to do - someone like Stephen has kept the
good name of Softimage alive and well in many studios including the one I work
for now and before and without him I am pretty sure there are quite a few who
would have got more than fed up with the negativity of Softimage/Autodesk or
rather their apparent lack of interest in the wellbeing of Softimage and moved
on.

I am going to suggest to the users on this mailing list that this is now the
time to collectively voice our complete dissaproval of the way Autodesk handle
Softimage and in fact the way they handle any of their software - yes I do know
about the shit that the Maya users go through - note my mention above of the
suits and their idiotic ideas!

Where and how can we complain before it gets to the point we we start looking
at something like Houdini?

S.

Sandy Sutherland
Technical Supervisor