Agree, AD should sell back Softimage to some serious developper company.

After all, SI is just a pluggin on their website.

Olivier

Le 31/08/2012 15:32, Eugen Sares a écrit :
Am 31.08.2012 15:26, schrieb Graham Bell:
A very good point Ed, as myself and others have been doing the same thing. Not wanting to make light of Stephens news, and whilst many are understandably hung up on the negative impact to Softimage, there have also been some other M&E names that have also fallen victim to the 7%. And that is all I'm willing to say for now, because if I said any more I could probably get into serious trouble.
All this big company BS... I'm happy again to be a freelancer.
Can you ask your bosses if Softimage is for sale? Let's find some russian oligarch willing to invest in 3d-software instead of a soccer club. SI would be in better hands, I reckon.

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com [mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Ed Harriss
Sent: 31 August 2012 14:14
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: Friday Flashback

I don't understand how this could have happened. How did they pick the 7%? Did they blindfold themselves and throw darts at a an employee chart? No disrespect to the good people that weren't part of the 7%, but from a user's viewpoint it seems like they let go some people who were more valuable than they could possibly imagine. I am very sorry to hear about this.

Ed