That's what I do as well AFAP.
I'd like to add:
- Support the smaller developers, Thea Render, MoI, Modo, Lightwave, all
that stuff.
May not fit in your main movie pipeline - but maybe it does fill a gap.

And get rid of this old myth of how bad the Blender Interface is. ;-)

I just wonder, with all those blocks, how do you propose to bring them
together into one usable package?
For bigger pipelines I see how it can work,(with plenty of TDs around) but
for smaller shops and Freelancers?
Is any group of people having a concept of congealing those blocks.
I'd be highly interested!

Cheers,

Tom