From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Raffaele Fragapane
Sent: Monday, 29 October 2012 2:13 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: paper coming unstuck

It might be a bit of a long shot, but you should be able to get it to work:

You could beat Lagoa into submission to get you many (pre-sized) grids with a
behavious like the one you're describing for each, randomized enough to create
variation, and at that point a modulo of your cloud by the point count of each
grid would get you a set of transforms to go into deforming an adequately
placed geometry.

You could also generate the geo via ICE if you only need simple grids, but you
might end up having to plot away to then shade it.

Lagoa can actually be made to behave in a cloth like fashion if the particles
aren't easily parted, and you have surface interaction control that can get
pretty refined and organic.
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Nick Angus