mhhh, i agree the speed could always be better, but 20fps doesnt sound that bad imo... (seriosly, most character animation scenes i`ve seen (with a few chars) are way slower to interact (maya and soft), and somehow char-animators get by, (welcome to the world of flipbooks ;) )

i`m also not sure why you do need the full car for animation, because most of the time a simple box style abstraction for the body and all wheels should be fine for animation... (and is built in like 10mins (worstcase), and can simply be switched using 2 passes if you
need to preview it fullres)

--stephan