Just a quick update, incase anyone else is trying to do something similar. The culprit for the simulation forces was to do with the ClumpSize attribute being used in the init force and velocity branch. I'm not entirely sure why but if you re-define the attribute earlier in the add points execution stack, it works (or at least the sim doesn't break). Maybe it's something to do with context and what's defined, I'm not sure. Now at least I am able to emit clumps over time.

Regards,

Tim