Salut Olivier,

1/Is this the correct shader ?
I'm not sure to remember but I think it is correct. I'm sure others will be
able to confirm.

2/It's a bit long to render, it's computing several frames, right ?
CrowdFX use some simulation regions, so you should not render your sequence
without caching it first. But note that it should just work in theory, so
there is definitely a bug there.
Don't try to cache the particles only, it won't work for motion blur...

3/Then I guess I'm supposed to cache the whole sim, right ?
Yes :). You should generate a pointcache (motion designer)  for all your
actors copies.
Then (if I were you), I would prepare a rendering scene were the actors
copies are just a frozen version (no ICETrees, no simulated region, just
the meshes with their ICEMateirals) and would apply the mdd file.

This way should work !!!

Cheers,

Guillaume