I'm not an ATI fan, but if you haven't tried one in 20 years maybe you
might be a bit unreasonable :)
While drivers wise nVIDIA still has an edge, and usually every generation
they are the top performer for a while longer (although that's a chasing
game), AMD has been on top of bang for buck for quite a while, and once you
find a decent driver you can stick with it for quite a while with good
success, just they are fewer and further apart than nVIDIA's, which also
has had many messed up releases.

It's not healthy to be so strongly prejudiced, while I don't think it's
there yet for me to consider as a viable alternative, but I also have some
time invested in CUDA and none in OCL, AMD is worth keeping an eye out for,
and it's far from the catastrophic experience it was five years ago on
average.

For the record, C4D has run absolutely flawlessly on ATI for year now, all
the way back to the first radeons.

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!