From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Johan Forsgren
Sent: 23 May 2013 15:59
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: General Worklflow for fracturing effects

Hi list!

We are right in the start of a new project, and we need a fracturing
effects, basically an object that fractures into larger chunks, hits the
floor and shatters some more.

Now, I have about zero experience with fracturing effects, We are looking
into implosia and momentum but Im not sure, the tests i have made in the
past makes me think you have to freeze the fractured geometry before
applying dynamics?

Its more memory efficient for sure, but it makes the second fracture once
the chunks hits the ground somewhat tricky. How would you go about doing
this?

Thanks

--

JOHAN FORSGREN

CG ARTIST

Phone + 46 31 752 20 00

 <mailto:johan.forsg...@edithouse.se> johan.forsg...@edithouse.se

Direct  + 46 31 752 20 07

Follow Edithouse at at  <http://www.twitter.com/edithouse>
twitter.com/edithouse

 <http://www.edithouse.se/> example's logo

Edit house Film Works

 <http://www.edithouse.se/> www.edithouse.se

Lilla Bommen 4a, S-411 04 Göteborg, Sweden

 <http://www.twitter.com/edithouse> www.twitter.com/edithouse

  _____

No virus found in this message.