agreed. 2.0 is able to generate far higher shatter counts than 1.6, and
faster too.
The texture map based workflow leaves a little to be desired in terms of
detail of shatter, but other than that, the rest is pretty rock solid.
(Please tell me I'm wrong about the texture map based workflow :-)  )

Adam