I can totally confirm about Redshift.
Actually I was saving for dual Xeon system as well but then tested Redshift
and figured that for price of one Xeon CPU then I've got 2 titans... so at
the end I built 4x Titan system and it eats through everything, and still
with i7 3930k can do CPU rendering if / when needed.
Still beta but works great for 99% of the tasks. One comp render farm :)