1.  It is the only product on the market that allows a small shop or
freelancer produce a project end-to-end without requiring a team of people.
 The smallest shop can still be a competitor.
2.  Pass system.
3.  ICE
4.  Text-based interface that is logical & easy to get up to speed with
(ie. a Maya person can quickly learn & be productive with Softimage, but
not the other way around).
5.  See #1 - Maya is not a tool for the freelancer or small shop.  Without
Softimage, there is NOTHING Autodesk offers that is worth buying unless
you're a mid-large shop.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 7:06 AM, Siew Yi Liang <soni...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  1. ICE
> 2. Procedural workflow mindset
> 3. ANIMATION TOOLSET (we have alt playback framerate, a fast motion trail
> , proxy parameters, viewport parameters,
> synoptic HTML support, HLE curve editing etc.)
> 4. render region in viewport and accompanying pass system
> 5. Modeling toolset and interactivity
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Siew Yi Liang
>
> On 3/13/2014 3:58 AM, Chris Marshall wrote:
>
>    1. ICE
>  2. FX Tree for compositing, migrating to other 3d software would require
> us to purchase other compositing software
>  3. Modeling ease of use and stack
>  4. Passes
>  5. Everything about it completely ROCKS!
>
>  It's a complete toolkit in one package, basically, and there's nothing
> else like it.
>

>  On 13 March 2014 10:46, Daniel Kim <danielki...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 1. Operator Stack
>> 2. Great Modeling Interface
>> 3. Animation Mixer
>> 4. ICE
>> 5. Totally remapable user interface
>>

>> On Thursday, March 13, 2014, Mirko Jankovic <mirkoj.anima...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> 1. non-destructive workflow
>>> 2. Scene explorer and organisation (operator stack, reference models...)
>>> 3. rigging and animation (weighting, GATOR...)
>>> 4. render passes