*Operator stack*
being able to reorganize and stack deformers makes rigging a lot easier, especially if you add ICE to it

*UI*
especially the consistency of tools throughout the various windows, the schematic view and the "middle click"

*Passes and partitions*
all, everybody else mentioned

*ICE*
all, everybody else mentioned

*Data and attribute transfer*
the model system, action clips for transferring animation and poses and of course GATOR help a lot to adapt to client changes, when you are already animating shots

Thanks,
Norbert