I think the key thing with something like this is that Centre mode isn't
something that's used for a specific, single problem - say you implemented
a 'Match Centre to Object' button in Maya, that would only solve that
single workflow I mentioned earlier.

Having the Centre mode work the way it does in Soft, I know I can carry on
working the same way I would normally - I can Match Transforms (Maya really
needs this as well, btw :) ), use constraints or whatever I feel like and
the Centre mode toggle handles it all behind the scenes. It's a far more
elegant way of adding functionality than throwing more buttons and tools at
each individual problem.

On the flip side there's Child Compensation in Soft, which is really nice
and everything, but doesn't work with Match Transforms, which turns a
useful tool into something very frustrating. Keeping things consistent is
key with this kind of working.

Anyway, I'm sure you're fully aware of all this, Brent. But better to say
it than to not.