If there was better and more extensive handling of AE templates that
transferred to the NE so much of that could be obviated, things like being
able to set flags for filtering, locking connection/disconnection and
having ordering respected, and being able to properly default them.
That's kind of a theme with Maya, there is a lot you can do to ease the
pain, but you all too frequently need to do it over and over again, or only
goes the easy 80% and not the hard final 20%, so in the end you don't
bother all that often...

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!