Maybe trivial but  to check:  running SI as Administrator and/or merging into a new SI-Scene

Walter

 "Ponthieux, Joseph G. (LARC-E1A)[LITES II]" <j.ponthi...@nasa.gov> hat am 22. April 2016 um 20:22 geschrieben:

No. This started yesterday.

In 30 years computing this is about one of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen. It can mount the remote drives, see everything there, save files, then reads files created within the active session. But any file not created during that session can’t be read and gives an error. All scene files are good and readable. From the local machine there are no issues whatsoever. But when the default database is set to the remote drive, it starts leaving empty files behind with a namespace that’s similar to other files that SI dumps such as the .dmp and .Scriptlog files. But no extension and 0 bytes. I thought maybe it has a read/write test on startup for the database but that it was never obvious that the test file was there because it might get deleted like the .dmp files do when you close Soft. If it is a read/write test something is interfering with its ability to finish the process and delete the test file.

Thanks

--

Joey Ponthieux

LaRC Information Technology Enhanced Services (LITES II)

Science Systems and Applications Inc. (SSAI)

NASA Langley Research Center

Opinions stated here-in are strictly those of the author and do not

represent the opinions of NASA or any other party.