: > The point being: it's all been very informat up to now -- and that's
: > probably for the best.  "policies" should evolve over time based on real
: > world situations that come up, and we're still in the process of doing
: > that.
:
: Agreed, but now that the elephant has been identified in the room, let's
: come up with a policy then. What are your thoughts on my proposal (specified
: earlier in this thread)?

The elephant has been identified, and he's in the room, but he's in the
far corner and he's not bothering anybody.

my personal preference (at the moment) is to leave things undefined for
now ... i'd rather see us get to a point where we say "whoa, here is an
actaul in the flesh cross roads where it feels wrong to release w/o
bumping the major version" and then to try and write down a policy ahead
of time anticipating what that cross road is and how we we'll want to deal
with it.

if it's unspecified, it can be specified later when it actaully becomes an
issue -- if it's specified, then people will feel like we are beholden to
the specification, even if it doesn't wind up making as much sense in
practice.

(yonik: you're anarchist ways clearly rubbed off on me at apachecon)

-Hoss