Hi all,

I'm new to solr.  I've just installed it and am trying to run the
example.  The problem is that the tutorial seems to suggest that you
need Unix to run solr.  For example to add a document to the
solr?/lucene? Index you need to do this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp/solr/solr-nightly/example/exampledocs$ sh post.sh
solr.xml
Posting file solr.xml to http://localhost:8983/solr/update
<result status="0"></result>
<result status="0"></result>

As far as I know though there is no "sh" command on Windows.

Cheers

Sachin

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered
in England No. 1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom,
Surrey KT18 5BW.

Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need
to.