On Feb 7, 2008 12:24 PM, Walter Underwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have a movie with this title: 6'2"
>
> I can get that string indexed, but I can't get it through the query
> parser and into DisMax. It goes through the analyzers fine. I can
> run the analysis tool in the admin interface and get a match with
> that exact string.
>
> These variants don't work:
>
> 6'2"
> 6'2\"
> 6\'2\"
>
> Any ideas? I'm still running 1.1. Been a bit busy to plan the upgrade.

I confirmed this behavior in trunk with the following query:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?qt=dismax&q=6'2"&debugQuery=on&qf=cat&pf=cat

The result is that the double quote is dropped:
+DisjunctionMaxQuery((cat:6'2)~0.01) DisjunctionMaxQuery((cat:6'2)~0.01)

This seems like it's a bug (rather than by design), but I could be
wrong... Hoss?

-Yonik