I hadn't been doing much with Soya lately because I've been busy with other stuff. My
next task is to make ODE work with Soya, but I'll probably just use PyODE for that,
since I'm a Python programmer, not a C programmer.

My current plans involve parametric levels. Imagine a level the size of a planet that
takes almost no storage! The heightfield, tree distribution, the trees themselves,
etc. will be generated by a pseudo-random number generator and only the seed and any
differences (structures, etc) will need to be sent. The trees themselves will be
generated by L-systems. Birds will use a flocking algorithm like "boids." Low clouds
will be pseudo-random masses of semitransparent spheroids. You get the picture.

--
Sean Lynch http://sean.lynch.tv/