Actually, graylist files are created empty when the first rejection is done.
If the sender tries again and the connection is allowed, spamdyke puts the IP
address and rDNS name of the remote server into the file.  So comparing the
number of zero-byte files to non-zero-byte files would give a number of how
many successful deliveries were made after graylisting.

-- Sam Clippinger