I am working on a small 4 story building where we are required to install a
standpipe (as well as a full 13 sprinkler system). The first floor consists of
a conference area, office space and various mechanical and storage rooms. The
conference space and office area have direct access to the outside, but there
is no communicating space between them. The 2 stairways lead to an outside
access only. The elevator lobby has an outside door but does not connect to the
stairways or conference and office spaces. The total footprint of the building
is less than 3000 sqft.

Where do you put the hose valve on the 1st floor?

Todd G Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting

Stonington, CT

860-535-2080 (tel:860-535-2080)  (ofc)

860-554-7054 (tel:860-554-7054)     (fax)

860-608-4559 (tel:860-608-4559)  (cell)