Dwight,

That is pretty much what I have said. I am proposing adding a hose valve in a
common area and submit to the AHJ to add this arrangement in their fire
planning.

 From a practical standpoint, the FD would fight a fire    in the main occupied
areas from the hydrant across the street. If you saw the building, you would
get it.

BTW, did you work for FM Boston Office many decades ago?