From: tduro...@comcast.net <tduro...@comcast.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2024 9:37:06 AM
To: 'Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers'
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Suction Control Valve

I had some difficulty in commissioning an 8” ClaVal we installed on a 1500 gpm
pump in Cranston a few years ago.  We took out the inside test header and
installed the SCV in it’s place an piped the suction line in ¼” soft copper.
Joe from ClaVal had retired (too bad) but we managed to get a hold of a
knowledgeable outside tech who helped us out.  Seemed the ‘preferred’ location
was between the discharge and pump check (not after) and the sensing line be ½”
right from the suction gauge tap (1/4”) to the operator inlet (1/8”).  Once we
changed that, it worked perfectly.  Happy birthday GLC.

Go Red Sox.