You say there is an underground loop. Therefore at some point in the
underground supply the flow splits and then recombines before the demand. This
is modeled as a single equivalent underground section. If the loop has some
isolation valves, then it would be prudent to check both cases where the
underground flow cannot split in its travel to the demand. There are three
supply conditions to be aware of. If might be that a minimal system design
change can accommodate the worst underground supply condition. One ought to be
aware of a reasonable foreseeable condition.