I had a little chuckle at this.  I was reminded of the old PBS painting
shows on TV that I used to watch.  The artist would make "happy little
trees" and flit about the canvas.  His little dabs and whips of the
paintbrush would transform into a wooded glade, a rushing river, mountains
with the sun dancing off the edges ...

Of course, when I tried to do the same thing, it turned out like brown
blobs.  When your hand automatically knows how to turn, and the brushes are
so familiar you know which one you have just by the feel of it, then you can
paint with the freedom seen on the TV shows.  Until then, you'll just make
brown blobs.

It's the same with programming and programming languages, really.  All the
books you read and courses you take in college are just there to help you
get familiar with the brushes and the canvas.  They'll help keep you from
making brown blobs, but you'll never make a masterpiece by the book.

Robert