On 2017/02/18 12:45 AM, Warren Young wrote:
On Feb 17, 2017, at 7:32 AM, R Smith <rsm...@rsweb.co.za> wrote:
You can even checkout the latest commits via SVN
There’s a Subversion mirror of the official Fossil code repository for SQLite?

Apologies, force of habit nomenclature. Have fallen to calling any Software Versioning system just 'SVN' for short. I did of course mean for it to be checked out via Fossil.

     https://goo.gl/KzLcV8

(Excuse the shortener, it’s a reeeealy long URL.)

I could give you that Zip file link, but I suspect it’s purposely not being
published to avoid load on the SQLite repository server caused by bots
repeatedly requesting Zip files and tarballs.

The bots can read goo links nowadays. ;)

Using Fossil is far more efficient than downloading Zip archives, but as I keep
getting reminded in my own Fossil-hosted public project, some people just
refuse to install and use anything they don’t absolutely have to.  It’s six
easy steps, but apparently that’s too many for some.

Agreed, and what is more sad is that Fossil is so much better at actual "Version-Control" (as opposed to making sharing code easiest). If we could get the rest of the World to rather Fossil, everybody wins. (I can already hear Linus clutching his chest and breathing erratically!)