On 18 Jul 2017, at 8:37am, Donald Shepherd <donald.sheph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that there's no real definition for "popular" leaves it as a
> massively ambiguous claim.

Agreed.  In addition to this, in which court would the claim be judged and why
?  There’s no such thing as a world court.  Is someone going to fund SQLite’s
side of the case ?  I might help fund a case SQLite was defending, but not one
where SQLite was the prosecution.

SQLite can claim things MySQL can’t.  It can claim to be the worlds most used
DBMS, or the DBMS with the most installations, or the DBMS chosen. by the most
manufacturers.  If some clarity is needed then perhaps SQLite might word its
own claims more specifically, then add that other databases claim to be the
world most popular but nobody knows what that means if it isn’t one of the
above.

Simon,