> On Jul 25, 2017, at 9:39 AM, Stephen Chrzanowski <pontia...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Your attitude towards a public forum and bully attempts isn't required
> here.  I'd ask YOU to leave based on the fact that your behavior is
> anything but professional, as I'm not interested in your self proclaimed
> expertise.

Stephen, I don’t think this is called for. Peter is being somewhat vehement (as
are you) but I don’t think anything he’s said counts as bullying or is
otherwise out of bounds in a technical discussion.

> My expertise extends to the knowledge that what Dr Hipp has written is of
> the best interest of all the BILLIONS of devices that are out in the field

Argument by appeal to authority isn’t a good idea here. I’m sure Dr Hipp
doesn’t consider himself infallible (even if he is a doctor), and part of the
reason for open development is to catch the mistakes and incorrect assumptions
that all of us are prone to.

I have some modest knowledge of computer security, and I know it’s vulnerable
to very, very subtle design errors that can leave openings for attack.
(Security bugs are unique in that they are not triggered randomly, but are
actively hunted down and exploited by human-level intelligences.) It’s in
everyone’s best interest that any security related issues in the design be
thoroughly debated before this is released.

> If there is an aspect of this software you do not like, fork it, and write
> your own code to remove what Dr Hipp and his team has put into the code.

Again, this is unhelpful. We all understand the basics of open source
development. Forking isn’t a solution, it’s an admission of failure.

—Jens