On 7/27/17, petern <peter.nichvolo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What prevents stack busting or other code injection attacks on an otherwise
> valid pseudo-null pointer by simply decoding the address space and
> observing where strcmp() loads a register to one of the pointer "keys"
> you've insisted be conveniently published for hackers in the data segment?

I do not understand what this sentence means.  Can you explain it
again in simpler terms?

Refresh my memory please:  What exactly (and succinctly) is your
complain with the current sqlite3_bind_pointer(),
sqlite3_result_pointer(), and sqlite3_value_pointer() design?  Are
there multiple complains?  Can you enumerate them?  Please be as
specific as possible.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org