>You can run tests yourself by compiling with -DSQLITE_ENABLE_MEMSYS5
and then starting the "sqlite3.exe" command-line shell with the
"--heap" argument to tell it how much memory to use.  Give it a few
megabytes.  Then start up your in-memory database and fill it up to
see what happens.

Richard suggested this earlier. Can this be done in C rather than the shell?

Is that a minus sign before the DSQLITE_ENABLE_MEMSYSS? If I try compiling
with a minus sign before that directive I get a compile error "macro names
must be identifiers <command line>". Compiles OK if I leave out the minus
sign.