On 10 Apr 2019, at 8:51pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you recommend for Mac? Thanks.

I do not have a good answer ready for you.  These days storage is so cheap that
buying an external 2TB drive is cheaper than spending a lot of time doing
clever programming.  But if you want to investigate this ...

Is this a read-only database ?  One which you don't need to change ? The
encryption addon I mentioned in my previous post might be ideal for a
compressed read-only database.

How close are you to running out of space ?  Are you just trying to use as
little space as possible or do you have a specific amount of space in mind
(e.g. fitting the database on particular storage device).

Do you actually need to use SQLite for this ?  As I understand it it's a
collection of strings, with a number for each string.  Do you need to be able
to look up the strings, or look up the number and find the string ?  If space
is so important to you it might be faster to produce hash codes and look up the
hash code instead.  Hash codes are tiny, and lead to a tiny fixed file format.