The disassembled bird will always require more tar to coat than the assembled
bird.  This is because the disassembled bird will have a greater surface area
to coat with tar than the assembled bird.  This is a fact of physics which,
although you may try as you might, you cannot change (unless of course you are
Q in which case you may simply change the gravimetric constant of the universe).

You should probably perform "data normalization" on the contents of your file.
This is likely to result in the greatest reduction in space used that anything
else in the multiverse ...

---
lot about anticipated traffic volume.