Can you say Oracle? :-)

Along this same line, and based on a few years of using SQLite and
following the messages on this list, here's my two cents worth.

First a disclaimer: I have no knowledge of the detailed implementation
and architecture of SQLite, other than by inference from discussions on
this list. I did look at the source once long, long ago, and quickly
decided, life is too short.

With the background of the never ending drumbeat of "feature, feature,
feature..." on this list as a reason, I wonder if the structure of
SQLite could be "enhanced" to better support the "plug-in" concept, aka:
as with Firefox, IGoogle, and the like for instance.

This would allow SQLite (the module) to remain true to its roots (i.e.
the "three choices") but better support those who desire to enhance
SQLite through the use of both plug-ins and wrappers. This could better
address a broader range of applications and allow the developer to
selectively "bloat" the final result with only those features required
for the project at hand.

One thing that would greatly enhance concurrency (the most heard feature
request?) would be to implement a finer grained locking structure in the
base module. Currently you can either lock or unlock the database,
period.

All modern database implementations lock to, at a minimum, the the
"record" (row) level. The implications of record level locking is pretty
obvious related to concurrency. With finer grained locking implmenting
multi user "server" wrappers and plug-ins would be better facilitated
and allow the base SQLite module to remain true to the three choices.

Fred