On 8/19/10, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 19 Aug 2010, at 9:27pm, Taras Glek wrote:
>
>> I really appreciate that sqlite got this feature to reduce
>> fragmentation, but why not expose this as a pragma?
>
> Do you have figures which suggest that reducing fragmentation leads to any
> improvement in performance ?

Whether SQLITE_FCNTL_CHUNKS_SIZE is useful is a different discussion.
I myself would love to see features exposed via pragmas whenever
possible, for the simple reason that I don't use the C API and can't
make use of the features otherwise.  I would assume that since the
SQLite developers added the feature to the C API, there must be a use
for it or they wouldn't have bothered.

Jim
--
HashBackup: easy onsite and offsite Unix backup
http://sites.google.com/site/hashbackup