> If you make PRAGMA freelist_count writable as you suggest, I would
> expect the database to reserve space once, and not use a larger pice of
> the disk every time ist has to be expanded in the future.
>
> Martin

To throw in my $0.02, I would suggest a *different* name for the
pragma, something more like

PRAGMA reserve_space(N) where N is in pages or bytes or whatever.

That could call whatever functions are needed to force the database to
grow such that the minimum number of free pages/bytes in the database
is N.

--
-- Stevie-O
Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE