Whether SQLITE_FCNTL_CHUNKS_SIZE is useful is a different discussion.
> I myself would love to see features exposed via pragmas whenever
> possible, for the simple reason that I don't use the C API and can't
> make use of the features otherwise.  I would assume that since the
> SQLite developers added the feature to the C API, there must be a use
> for it or they wouldn't have bothered.

You have your reason for wanting pragma more, but for a general developer
using Pragma instead of api calls is worse in the long run since Pragma
generates no errors and the docs says there's no guarantee the syntax will
not change and the results will be the same  (The recent WAL-related changes
to journal_mode is a good example). In case of api calls, we at least have
compiler's errors and warnings.

Max