Electric Eddy wrote:

> The installer still only appears to detect that VS 2008 is installed and
> gives me the option to configure designer support for 2008.

The design-time components themselves probably still support Visual Studio
2005; however, the new installer does not.  In theory, support could be
added to the new installer as well; however, I do not have any nice way
to test it (I would need to build an entirely new virtual machine with
Visual Studio 2005 on it).

Also, none of the projects in the source tree officially support Visual
Studio 2005 as it was released almost 7 years ago and is now obsolete,
having been completely displaced by Visual Studio 2008, which is almost
100% forward compatible with it.

--
Joe Mistachkin