Hello Ross,

you could add triggers to all tables that RAISE(ROLLBACK, 'Forbidden') on all operations (insert, update and delete), see http://www.sqlite.org/lang_createtrigger.html, bottom of the page. However, it is difficult to see how to stop the downloaders from removing these triggers or indeed any other mechanism to prevent changes to the data. It is their file after download....

HTH
Martin