On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Chris Keilitz <keil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since sqlite and most RDMS implementations have functions to convert to and
> from both options and using a LONG should allow the date/time to function
> way past 2038,

In my experience, having the timestamp in Unix Epoch gives you something
which can be easily converted by a wide variety of tools, and simplifies
calculation of time deltas (provided you don't need to account for
timezones, locale-specific summer/winter time changes, and similar
absurdities). That said, for humans Unix timestamps are basically just a
pain in the butt. If your data are there for the software, as opposed to
the humans, i personally find Unix Epoch simpler to work with. If the data
are strictly for display/reading by humans, without much app logic tied to
them, ISO8601 is my preferred form (YYYY-MM-DD HH:ii:ss...).

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/