Hi

Interesting discussion on the best way to store date/time fields.

Unix time certainly has advantages for portability but, I agree, it can be a
pain to convert, depending on which applications and tools you are interfacing
with.

ISO8601 is fine if you just need a local time stamp, but even that introduces
unnecessary complexity with the field separators.

I generally just use a fixed-length 14-character string to store the date and
time in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format. It accommodates any time stamp across a 10,000
year timespan and also supports simple date/time comparisons and sorting.

Regards

Nige