On 2015-08-17 08:15 PM, Petite Abeille wrote:
>> On Aug 17, 2015, at 8:08 PM, R.Smith <rsmith at rsweb.co.za> wrote:
>>
>> CORRECTION: It seems one of the two options I've mentioned earlier, namely
>> the CREATE TABLE AS SELECT... does not actually work on the back of a WITH
>> clause. The other option still do, but this request has more appeal now.
> Hmmm?!?
>
> create table foo as
>
> with
> DataSet( position )
> as
> (
>    select  1 as position
>    union all
>    select  DataSet.position + 1 as position
>    from    DataSet
>    where   DataSet.position < 10
> )
> select  *
> from    DataSet;
>
> select * from foo;

Right you are, thanks for pointing it out - as long as the CTE follows
the CTA and not precedes it, this script demonstrates, in case anyone
was following:

       -- Processing SQL in: D:\Documents\SQLiteAutoScript.sql
       -- Script Items: 5          Parameter Count: 0 SQLitespeed v2.1

       -- 2015-08-17 20:11:50.524  |  [Info]       Script Initialized,
    Started executing...

    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS table_of_integers;

    CREATE TEMP TABLE table_of_integers AS
         WITH generate AS (
             SELECT 1 AS seqno UNION ALL SELECT seqno+1 FROM generate
    WHERE seqno<10
         )
         SELECT seqno FROM generate ORDER BY seqno;

    WITH RECURSIVE generate AS (
         SELECT 20 AS seqno UNION ALL SELECT seqno+5 FROM generate WHERE
    seqno<100
    )
    INSERT INTO table_of_integers SELECT seqno FROM generate ORDER BY seqno;

    SELECT * FROM table_of_integers;

       --     seqno
       -- ------------
       --       1