Hi Tony,

Glad you are getting together with David and having fun! We had  the local
annual Oktoberfest at our railway on Sat -- there are only 5 local
steamers, all NG--'cept me. We had a ton of fun and the "brats' and beer
helped, well  seasoned with a lot of B.S! No accidents, no fires,  just a
minor derailment caused by the hand of God.--bloody dull!

The Lubricator on the A3--I 'm not fond of it and I am not aware it has a
drain and if it did it would be impossible to reach.  Anyway on all my
locos I find it easier to draw the water out with a needle syringe--it's
much quicker for me. I don't pull out the oil just the water and mixed gunk
. BTW, none  of the Asters I have  owned or currently own have lubricator
drains.  I  do wish that the A3 had the lubricator  in the smoke box a la
the KGV because on  the A3  the   steam feed valve to start the flow of oil
from the lubricator to the engine has to be used-- and it's a long tube
running the length of the boiler before in feeds the engine which means it
a long hike for the condensation to go back  up the tube and displace the
oil. This was done for good reason by Aster however, as it avoids the
lubricator being too obvious and  any screw heads spoiling fidelity to the
prototype. Right, I am an Aster fan--I blow hot air too!

That's my epistle, You have a great day too!

Regards

Geoff

Hi Geoff,