Hi Tony,

The only reason I can think why Aster did it was to avoid a screw cap on
the the top of the boiler resulting in complaints from rivet counters. The
KGV lubricator works very well and remember, it  is 13 years old, excellent
design.  Cosmetically the A3 design is great but I bet you  the way  the
oil line feeds the engine,  the  inside cylinder  done gits the oil first
and that is where most of it stays. . Heck as long as the outside cylinders
get a tad of oil, no problem.

Incidentally, condensation does reach the A3 lubricator but I can't
determine if it is from the steam inlet valve  for  priming the line or
from the engine. Next run I will fill the line with oil by filling the
boiler with compressed air and then run the loco on steam without using the
steam admission valve. Then I can determine what condensation reachs the
lubricator from the engine

WHEW!   Thanks for your input,

Steam on,    Geoff.

Hi Geoff,