Hi Jeff, Tony and Geoff,
Did anyone beside me notice that the steam gauge is getting it's feed
from the turret? I would think that to be a poor spot to measure the
boiler pressure, since fluctuations from using the blower, whistle, and
what not would give an inconsistant reading at best? I know it has
always been considered essential in the larger scales, to extract the
steam for the pressure gauge, from it's own dedicated tap on the boiler,
as well as having a syphon to insure that "live steam" did not enter the
Bourdon tube, and affect the temper of that important item. There is  a
kind of syphon there, but still, taking the steam for the guage from the
turret is unusual, to say the least!
Keith Taylor  Jefferson, Maine